6-9am and 4-8pm Peak Tips for Homes
SAVE MONEY & STAY COMFORTABLE DURING PEAK TIMES
- Turn down your heat in the Fall and Winter, and your AC up in the Spring or Summer, by 1-2° or as low or high as is comfortable. Save even more when you use a programmable or smart thermostat.
During the Fall and Winter:
- Set or program your heat to 55° when you’re gone for more than 4 hours.
- Between 6 and 9 a.m. and 4 and 8 p.m., turn your heat down 1-2 degrees. Try to keep it at 68° or lower.
During the Spring and Summer:
- Set or program your AC to 80° when you’re gone for more than 4 hours.
- Between 6 and 9 a.m. and 4 and 8 p.m., turn your AC up 1-2 degrees. Try to keep it at 78° or lower.
- Run your washer, dryer, or dishwasher after 8 p.m.
- Use a timer to turn off appliances when you’re away.
- Use timers and motion sensors to turn off lights that are not being used.
- Set your pool pump to run early in the morning or overnight.